Monday, June 30, 2008

new york is big

We managed to make it through the night in our stealth spot without getting hasseled. A woman in the church opened the window to the corridor we slept in and the first she asks is ' do you guys need any money?'. Today was the first day I was able to hold a mean 15Mph cadence for like 80% of the day. We played a little muscle recruitment game where you trick your fast twitching muscles into they aren't fatigued by tweaking the gears and cadence.I read an article that said that if a 150 lbs man bikes 15 mph for 90 minutes he can refuel with a large oreo blizzard from dairy queen. This awesome information prompted us to stop for lunch at the first dq we saw. Our appetites are definitely soaring as we trek through.at one point when I was going down hill a bee flew into me, hit the center of my collar bone, died on impact because I was going so fast and fell into my sports bra. Good times.we are clean fed and about to pass out.
Song of the day: 'before we crazy, before we explode, there' somethin' bout me baby you ought to know. I get off on 57 chevy's, I get off on screamin' guitars, I've got a rock'n'roll heart. - mr. Eric Clapton, if you haven't heard this song its amazing.
Quote of the day:
You mean to tell me you've pumping yourself with some type of rocketfuel crack every morning to get yourself going while I suffer to wake myself up naturally!? WTF! Me to goat as he drank his pink morning drink

No comments: