Wednesday, June 25, 2008

day 3- our first state crossing

So we woke up at the birdcage said farewell to all the thruhikers and made our way west we climbed up mount lebanon (it took us each one donut to successfully make this climb) and we sped down hill into new york. I knew I was truly in new york when I saw a stewarts convenience store. I was first introduced to the magical delicious that is stewarts by my all time favorite trail angel paddy-o. Stewarts makes all sorts of incredibly good juices, milks and cookies. Anything that you could possibly want when you are beating the crap out of your body on a daily basis, stewarts has. We rode into albany and somehow missed the pedestrian/cyclists path and biked illegally on the bypass into the city, I was chased by my first dog and almost took out a guy in a motorized wheel chair. The sun was definitely beating down on us and we already have some nice awkward tans. I decided I don't really like biking through big cities. As we made our way up a ridiculous hill looking for a place to camp we rolled right into a giant church with a very promising pavillion where I am currently sitting getting to feast on a lipton noodle packet and some protein powder. The pastor is this young guy and the youth band camp is currently rocking out providing a nice ambiance to our meal.
Song of the day: david bowie- space odditity and the horns in the bridge to the black crowes welcome to the good times.
Quote of the day: you're such an american asshole, who asks someone from england if they're familiar to rowan atkinson.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love the quote of the day. Happy trails - take care of your nether regions.

Tucker said...

can we see pictures? my imagination is poor and i can't hardly read good. =/