Wednesday, July 2, 2008

we like state lines

I am currently lying bathed and fed on a motel 8 bed with ac cooling my sunburned legs and this might be close to heaven. We rode into ohio today and cruised through ashtabula, which I'd always heard in that bob dylan song (you're gonna make me lonesome...) And now I know where it is and that they have a nice bike shop.prior to doing this trip I never really cared for ohio, mostly because it was the longest most boring state I would have to haul through on drives home to chicago, I now appreciate it a bit more because its crazy flat, but so far its also full of the worst drivers we've had this trip. As the day got crazy hot we took a nice afternoon break for some sweet tea and sat in the shade and watched a beetle get frustrated in the grass. We are 11 days into the trip and I think we're finally 'trail tough' so to speak, our bodies are used to the abuse the bikes provide, we can pull bigger miles and our appetites continue to soar with this calorie burning festival.word.
Song of the day:
A mix of ziggy plays guitar and holyman by blind melon.
Quote of the day:
you must do a lot of waiting around in the morning- the pastor dan to me as we sat around for while waiting for goat. Mornings are tough for him.

No comments: