Saturday, July 12, 2008

wyoming! a little left leg left leg right leg right leg

We are now two days in wyoming camped out in caspar. Yesterday we pulled 70 miles and it was the hardest day we've had so far. Wyoming itself isn't that difficult, there's nice gradual uphills and even though everything looks and feels fairly flat, we keep passing towns that are above 4,000 feet. Mount katahdin is over 5,000 feet, so its cool to put that in perspective, however yesterday we had a crazy relentless headwind that even when we were going down a big hill, we still had to pedal hard just to get 10 mph, we usually go upwards of 28 mph downhill. We were absolutely cooked at the end of the day and found a nice little park with a pavillion and a bathroom as a bonus in glendo wyoming. This morning as I was riding the song jack and diane came on and just the lyrics jack was gonna be a football star were played, I looked down and saw a football on the side of the road. Out of the whole state of wyoming and out of all the songs that I could have been played, those moments somehow were in syncopation with each other. I love stuff like that. Apart from the dead animal carcasses and soda bottles fill with piss, wyoming is awesome to ride through. All of my muscles hurt, I'm shedding salt and my pee is a nice healthy nuclear neon yellow, but loving every minute of it. This why we came out here. Heading into yellowstone in a about two days.
Song of the day;
Into the great wide open- tom petty.
Quote of the day;
So you wanna take a break in like 10 miles and cry for a bit?
Me to goat as we left our lunch spot and headed out into the wind

1 comment:

Alarico Adalbert said...

I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informations.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.