Friday, July 18, 2008

idaho falls

The cool thing about route 20 in idaho is that it goes through the valley in between two mountain ranges which means you can go flat and fast. Unfortunately my left knee has been getting progressively more painful over the past few days. I took some pain killers for a few days knowing that I didn't want to finish this trip taking 12 ibuprofen a day just so I can finish, I did that on the AT and paid the price with some surgery a few months after. As I rode through the pain I began scheming 'the idaho plan', goat and I are going to ship our obese children, felix and little boo that constitute our trailers home and go with literally the bare essentials. Hopefully dropping the weight will help. Those of you that know me well, know that I am very stubborn and get maybe just slightly angry when I can't exert or be kinetic in the way that I please. Doing stuff like this is sort of how I metabolize life and transcend its curveballs and such. So we're taking a zero in idaho falls where I will ice my knee and drink water like its my job and hopefully I'll be able to finish this beast healthy and in one piece. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pay money for a nice little cortizone shot right now, but I am 23 and I've learned that I love and need my knees if I want to stay afloat.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Saw grandpapa, Magali and Junior - gave them you're site. Clairey, don't be a hero. Take care of your knee and have fun.